Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Let's be Frank...




Aight, so here goes nuthin:

I've had this problem with inspiration lately. Seems I get all excited about this and that and making this happen and starting that project...only to look back a few weeks (or months) later and wonder what happen. Seems the fire in my belly and the oil in my midnight lamp were long ago extinguished. This explains why my first and only post prior to this one was almost 2 months ago.

I've been peeping the webspots of a few other people for quite some time now. I was particularly inspired to start my own after reading that of Frank Leon Roberts for a while. Even though I am back here in boring ass Kentucky, I still consider myself extremely progressive and I try to keep up with all the goings on of the Social Justice movement. I've known of Frank Leon Roberts for sometime, firstly as a board member of the National Black Justice Coalition when they first came around a few years ago, and then as a "ball kid" in the house of Khan. Needless to say I was in awe of the notion of a young black brother doing big things with his life while being in the life. For the sake of space, check out his blog's bio and see what I mean.

I say all that to say that I recently read a remark by Frank Leon Roberts that referred to a blog network -- a circle, if you will -- of progressive, intelligent black gay men and I decided that I MUST become a link in this brotherhood. Trivial as it sounds, I'm stuck here in good ol' Ken-Tuck-Kee and now that I'm back in school it doesn't look like I'll be going anywhere anytime soon. I'm SO afraid of closing my eyes one night and awaking the next day as just another one of these apathetic, uninspired don't-know-which-way-is-up sorry ass Kentucky niggas.

So, here goes nuthin, folks. Even if no one ever reads a word of what I write here, at least I've allowed myself an opportunity to vent. And believe me, I got lots to vent about. I've got an awfully lot to motivate me, but nothing to inspire me.

Knock knock, Mr. Roberts. Your circle got room for one more?

2 comments:

N4R said...

Damn Frank got you too!

Yo man welcome to the blog world. They got me caught up as well. I am just happy to be here. That is what I say.

Kentucky - I couldn't imagine. Bless your heart living out there.

the young people's professor said...

wow, thanks for the shout-out. welcome to the blogworld---*check out my UPDATED "black gay crew" links*